Make A Donation
Attend An Event
Make A Donation
Training for VITA Volunteers
First-Time Tax Preparer Training
This training is best-suited for first-time VITA tax preparers and returning tax preparers who would like an in-depth review of tax law and the TaxSlayer software. You should be present for each session to be best-prepared for the IRS certification exam. All first-time tax preparers should register for all of these sessions.
- Session #1 of 4 : Session Slides — Homework — Recording Pt 1 — Recording Pt 2 (passcode for both = ZjbXt2d#)
- Session #2 of 4 : Session Slides — Homework — Recording (passcode = 44@eGtk& )
- Session #3 of 4 : Session Slides — Homework — Recording (no passcode required)
- Session #4 of 4 : Session Slides — Recording (no passcode required)
Returning Tax Preparer Training
If you are a returning tax preparer, we require our refresher training to review tax law updates and receive training on the software that will be relevant to you as you help taxpayers this season.
Special Tax Topics Trainings
Special tax topics trainings provide VITA volunteers with a deeper dive into unique tax situations they will likely encounter in the field.
Quality Reviewer Training
This training is for new and returning quality reviewers as well as any tax preparers interested in learning about the quality review process.
Site Coordinator Training
This training is for new and returning site coordinators as well as any tax preparers interested in learning about the site coordination process.
Team Support Specialist Training
This training is for anyone interested in serving as a Team Support Specialist.
- Overview of the Hub — Session Slides — Recording (passcode = 44@eGtk& )
- Using Microsoft Teams
- Creating an Account in the TaxSlayer Practice Lab (passcode = T1m0W+T?)