YOUNG LEADERS UNITED
Make A Donation
Attend An Event
Make A Donation
Young Leaders United
Connect, Serve and Lead.
The Young Leaders United is United Way’s affinity group for professionals who invest in the community and are actively seeking ways to Connect, Serve & Lead to make a positive and lasting impact throughout Southern Arizona.
Connect events allow members to network with other young professionals, prominent community leaders and like-minded philanthropists.
Serve events offer members the opportunity to give back to the community in an impactful and meaningful way at various agencies throughout Southern Arizona. Our Serve focus is Youth On The Rise, an initiative for opportunity youth ages 16-24 who have dropped out of high school and are not working.
- No minimum financial contribution
- Invitation to all YLU events (some may have a nominal fee to attend)
- $250 or more contribution to United Way
- Opportunity to be more actively involved in planning events for the group and offered a seat on the Executive Committee after one year of active involvement.
- Limited to general members who have been actively engaged for at least a year and have become a Leadership Donor ($500 or more contribution to United Way).
- Executive Committee members will plan all events and direct decisions of the group.
Raised more than $3500
Donated eight chess sets for Goodwill Metro
Donated 514 Backpacks for the Backpack Project and volunteered for the Installation event
Helped host the Backpack Project Distribution event, in which more than 2500 backpacks were distributed to various agencies supporting Opportunity Youth
Restocked the snack pantry at Goodwill Metro
Offered interactive art workshops for Opportunity Youth
Hosted a Holiday party for Opportunity Youth enrolled in Goodwill Metro
Assisted two United Youth Leadership Council members with per diem amounts on their trip to a national conference
Funded smartphones for two United Youth Leadership Council Members
Renewed our Smart phone service for a year to two United Youth Leadership Council members
Volunteered at Ben’s Bells
Continued our mentorships with members of the United Youth Leadership Council
View Past Events
Take a look at photos from recent events HERE!
Get More Involved
Join our Steering Committee! YLU is looking for dedicated young professionals to join our Executive Committee for the 2019-2020 year. If you are passionate about giving back and want to get more involved in your community, join us! This is a great first step for professionals interested in joining Boards or becoming more active in the community. Free Board development opportunities are also available.
For More Information
For more information contact us here.